Thursday, October 18, 2012

Challenge Me Happy #32

Hi All!

So who's up for  a challenge? Do you need a bit of a push to get something done and not just sit and stare. Well I have a great one for you. This fortnight at Challenge Me Happy we have a great photo inspiration challenge. Oh I love these ones. I think it's because everybody interprets photos differently, what speaks to me, is not what speaks to you right.

So here's the photo:




Lovely huh! I knew you'd like it. It's all festive and happy.
The first thing that struck me is the colours, I love kinda slightly off primary colours and I scrapbook a lot with them and then the strings, I like the strings.

To this is what I came up with:



To incorporate the string inspiration I used the sewing machine to sew white strings across the page - super easy! I love using my old faithful kraft when I'm using a mix of colours and patterns it just seems to complement and not compete.

Then I just added bits and bobs of colours, pops here and there, all scraps. I am the super scrap user, I do collect them but I actually use them too. That bit of scalloped green poking up is some really old prima packaging. One thing I really like about my kinda off primary colour collection of papers is they never really date, I never have trouble adding to the collection and they all seem to work together. After looking at this page properly I realised that excluding the title all of those papers are at least 2 years old. They are my old favourite's especially the scenic route. RIP scenic route, I miss you.

So that is my page. Fancy joining in.... you really should.

Happy Crafting!
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment