Sunday, June 29, 2014

The beach and big ted...

Hi Bloggey friends...

How is your weekend going? The girl's and I have just returned from the beach, it's winter here and it was a little freezing. The sun was out but it wasn't enough. Why are the children always adequately clothed and I am not? They had a blast though and got some fresh air.




So that is what it looks like in  my part of the world today... This is Waimairi Beach which is 5 mins from my house (in the car).

So back to the scrapbooking....

It's getting close to the end of the month and I have been trying to get some of my pages ready to share. The hardest part for me at the moment is getting good light, sometimes it is so easy and other times it makes for a lot of hard work. So I may have a few posts close together to get them up.
I am hoping to get to work on my CSI page and the mood board over at LPS tonight.

As I have said before I enjoy the challenges that are fairly regular at least twice a month, weekly is best for me. I can lose momentum otherwise.

This is my last one for this month at Let's get sketchy....

Oh here is the sketch..






I couldn't 100% follow the sketch because I really wanted to include that second photo (of writing), a lot of the time it's not so pleasing to the eye but I am passionate about including the children's actual art and handwriting and bits and pieces. I will sacrifice some pretty to have some important.

This was the first time we had the class mascot and we had to write all about the adventure they had. It was hilarious because for weeks and weeks after parents were complaining to me about what an amazing job my girl had done. We had the first page in the book and had no idea what the expectation was! We set the standard really high accidently.

I have had a great time with the sketch's this month at Let's get Sketchy and am looking forward to many more, so if you need a bit of a challenge or a change, head over there for a look.

Thanks for coming by
Hayley

10 comments:

  1. Great job on your page, love the cute photo and fab pappers. Thank you for playing along at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch by adding your daughters writing! I agree about taking photos of layouts during winter, I'm struggling with the light too! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet page. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute page with photo.. great layers and fab take on the LGS sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET. Love the cuteness and sweetness in this page. Thank you so much for link up at the LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic page and adorable pic!!!

    Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page and cute photo! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful layout. So many lovely details. Thank you for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the challenge, thanks for joining us at LGS, we love having you here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the layers and the sketch! Pretty page, Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete